Re: TRF carpet vs. VB

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRF carpet vs. VB
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 21:13:00 1997
TRF's best OEM nylon is ideal, likely better quality and fit than
original with accurate edge color/pattern, boot color/pattern.

TRF's wool is identical to the above except a beautiful wool
(see comment below)

VB's best OE nylon fits well, likely the same quality as original,
though the edge color/pattern and boot color/pattern are not perfect.
(for instance the boot on the brown carpet kit is black, where TRF's
 carpet uses a brown boot per the original) Slightly thinner than
the TRF above.

The VB OE kit with underpads and all clips is hard to beat for anything
except a show car.  Once again, the underpad isn't quite correct or as
thick as the TRF one.  I'd pay $20-$40 for the TRF combo just to be
perfect, but if its out of stock or any more price difference, the VB
kit works great.  I would NOT buy the cheaper VB kits.

NOTE:  I ran the wool in one car and saw the same results as the
       original owners of the early TR6's reported... fast wear
       (sunglasses wore a hole in it) and discoloration over a
       couple of years of daily driving.  I would NOT buy the wool
       again for anything but a trailer queen, believe it was only
       original on the early cars anyway.

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 345-2879