Re: Message in French

To: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Message in French
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:16:03 -0800 (PST)
Cc: coliver@sprintmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Joe Curry wrote:

> > Common Joe, you live colse to Canada, isn't it a requirement to be
> > bi-lingual if you live in a border state!!!:)  anyway, from what I
> > remember from High School French, and living in Germany, and traveling
> > in France;
> >
> Chris,
> Yes I live close to Canada.  But the part I live close to is British
> Columbia.  I don't think very many of the BC people speak French
> either.  Oops, I'll probably get lambasted about that.

Not many o' us speak French as a native language, but it's taught through
the school system, and there are some schools with 'french immersion'.

So you're right, not very many speak it, but lots can understand it...

Also, the language of LBCs is only borderline enlish anyway... where else
do you find a flasking trunnion pin?