Re: Corvettes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Corvettes
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 22:40:45 -0700
Rich Jackson wrote:
>>Although I am neither a Corvette or a Chevy fan, I'll have to defend
>>it here.  The real reason being is that someone may ask about the
>>Aussie mentality of producing the worlds fastest 4-door in the
>>1970s-the Ford GTHO, and I may have to defend that!

>Can't say as I've heard of that, give us some details, I know at one
>point the 3.8 Mk2 Jag had the title!

(Dave heads for the basement.  Where is that Mercedes book?)
I know this is the Triumph list, but the Mercedes Benz 450SE 6.9
claimed to be "the world's fastest production sedan"
in the 70's.  140mph top speed, 0-60 in 7.4 seconds.  Not bad
for a 4250 lb car.  Road & Track said it was the "fastest, best
sedan in the world".  The earlier 6.3 was actually a little
faster to 60mph at 6.9 seconds.  Now tell us about that Ford.
Dave