RE: TR6 Tranny fork question

To: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 Tranny fork question
From: Tom Snabl <toms@Eicon.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:50:10 -0500
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Congratulations John

You found the weak link (no pun intended) in the TR6 clutch.  For some
reason these problems did not seem so prevalent on the 3s and 4s.

You have to remove the shaft with the fork.  Drill out the piece of the
pin that is still there.  If you are lucky you may be able to reuse the
hole otherwise; Drill another hole in the shaft 90 degrees off from the
existing hole and go from there.

In any case whenever you do a clutch job you should be replacing the pin

Tom
67 4A (CTC 74819LO)
(Original Owner)