Re: TR6 Tranny fork question

To: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Tranny fork question
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:01:05 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I took mine (same problem) to several people, most of whom said to weld
the sucker together and forget it.  I finally found a guy who owned his
own garage and who used to be a head mechanic in a LBC dealership.

He drilled a small hole in the back of the fork and pushed the rest of
the taper pin out.  I replaced it with a hardened pin and put another
split pin in at an angle to it for reinforcement.

It was simple to do and even I could do it!  ;-)

Let me know how it comes out.

Michael Mason in St. Louis, TR6 WITH a clutch (works better that way!)