Re: "Generic" TR6 shocks.

To: Paul Burr <>
Subject: Re: "Generic" TR6 shocks.
From: Mike Mason <>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:51:10 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumph club <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
The PO had a set of Monroe shocks in My TR6 when I got it so I thought,
"No problem...I'll just nip down to the local parts place and have them
look up the number and replace them!"  :-)

But the Monroe's were older and they didn't have a reference number.  I
even called the Regional Monroe distributor and they said that, "No they
don't have any record of those old numbers on their new-fangled computer
system."  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?  I never heard of a company that can't
even reference their own products!!

So I put on a set of $35's that I got from Vicky Brit.  They seem to do
fine, but I still wonder if their is a cheaper way to go.  Let me know
what you discover.

Still bouncing...but not so my '73 TR6

Michael Mason in St. Louis