Re: "Generic" TR6 shocks.

To: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Subject: Re: "Generic" TR6 shocks.
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:09:49 +0000
Cc: triumph club <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mike Mason wrote:(snip)

> The PO had a set of Monroe shocks in My TR6 when I got it so I thought,
  I never heard of a company that can't
> even reference their own products!!
>
> So I put on a set of $35's that I got from Vicky Brit.  They seem to do
> fine, but I still wonder if their is a cheaper way to go.  Let me know
> what you discover.
>
> Still bouncing...but not so badly...in my '73 TR6
>
> Michael Mason in St. Louis

Really weird! The reason I asked was back in my Tiger days, the club
tech heads had worked out that 60-70's Caddilac(!) front shocks were a
excellent fit on the front. Corvette shock were a direct replacement for
the rear. I ran this setup on 3 of my Tigers, and it worked super!
Having this knowledge opened up a array of quality and price options.
I guess the TR6 never had the availablity problems that Sunbeam had, so
no one bothered to try and match them against something else.