Re: TR6 rear fenders

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 rear fenders
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 11:25:19 -0800
Hi
I'm trying to clean up the worst of the tin worm on my '76 TR6.
How difficult is it to remove the rear fenders?
Are they just bolted on?
I'd like to remove them and give everything a nice coat of rust-proofer.
TIA
Chris H.  '76 TR6 - on the road "real soon now"

Chris,

The fenders just unbolt but you have lots of bolts.  If I recall correctly,
you will find about three running along the front wheelwell, one along the
rocker panel, about 10 along the top inside, about 10 around the rear tail
light/valance area and a couple on the rear fender frame bracket.   Take
off your rear wheel and remove the trunk inner panels and have a look
around to gauge just how much work it will be.   This assumes you have
alread removed the tail lights and rear bumper.

 If you decide to remove the fender, remember to consider that you will
have to reseal it with some type of goop, especially around the tail
lights.

Hope this helps

Dave
San Diego,