RE: J-Type Overdrive Problem

To: "'Thomas A. Strange'" <jantoms@vbe.com>
Subject: RE: J-Type Overdrive Problem
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:34:28 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

        I only have access to a wiring diagram for a 76 TR6 but on this
diagram there is no speed lockout, only a 3rd/4th switch and a reverse
switch. The reverse switch doesn't come into play because the solenoid
can only get power when the 3/4 switch is closed (which presumable
happens only when the car is 3rd or 4th gear if the switch is
functioning correctly).

        The idea of a speed lockout is interesting, I wonder how it
would work?

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada