Nuts 'n' Bolts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nuts 'n' Bolts
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 01:45:30 -0500
Have any cognicenti out there deciphered Standard Triumph's numbering
scheme for bolts, nuts, lock washers, etc.? For instance, HU0809 is a
"setscrew" (looks an awful lot like a bolt to me!) HN2008 and HN2009 are
nuts, but there's something different between them. Oh, and YNxxxx is a
nyloc nut, and WL0208 and WL0209 are lock washers, and they seem to go
with nuts HN2008 and HN2009, respectively.

Just to complicate matters, the bolt that goes with HN2009 and WL0209 is
part number 132872.

OK, I've got H for "Hardware", N for "Nut", Y for "nYlock" U for
"setscrU", W for "Washer", P for "Plain and L for "Lock". What do the
numbers mean???

Confused in New Jersey