spit alt. conversion

To: spit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: spit alt. conversion
From: lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:08:05 -0800
Ok......i'm lost.
Got the alternator (from a Fiesta)  mounted in my spit. It is externally
regulated so i bought a regulator also. The alt. has BAT, STAT, and F
terminals on it. The regulator has F, S, A, and I terminals on it. I
stopped by an auto electric shop here in town and he was nice enough to
draw up a diagram for me....unfortunatly it doesn't seem to work. The
ig. light doesn't work, the engine runs terrible, and i can smell hot
insullation. Joe tried to help me but at this point i need someone to
walk me through this. Has anyone done this befor? Any help would be
greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks again,
Lew 63 and 67 spit