TR6 intake/exhaust ports and storage

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 intake/exhaust ports and storage
From: Bobby Whitaker <bjbrew@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 21:06:59 -0500
I am getting ready to pull the engine in my TR6 as part of a cosmetic
restoration.  I looked at the VTR Maintenance Handbook on Storing your Car
and couldn't find answers to questions as specific as mine.  Today I took
the carbs/intake manifold and the exhaust system off of the car and as a
result I have a couple of questions.
1) How should I store the carbs./intake manifold (they are still together)?
I put them in a garbage bag, took most of the air out and tied the bag
tight.  Is this good enough?
2) What should I do with the intake and exhaust ports?  A friend said to
stuff them with oil-soaked, lint-free rags and duct tape them in.  Isn't
there a better way? or is it true - there is nothing duct tape cannot do!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bobby Whitaker
1972 TR6 CC78127