metrics smetrics

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: metrics smetrics
From: "p.bird" <p.bird@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 23:39:59 +0000
tolerance in inches, dimensions in mm.

We have a whole load of stuff like that over here.

fuel sold by the litre, gas mileage in MPG
Carpet length in feet, width in metres
all dimensions in mm, distance in miles
tyre size in mm, wheels in inches

There is a movement to convert all measurements over to metric to make
things easier. If we can handle both at the same time then why bother?

I know a KM is one thoasand metres, I know a metre is 3'3" but I simply
cannot think of distance in KM. Everyone knows what a mile is but who
knows or cares what a KM is?

I know it's a little late but, my condolances Australia on your enforced
metric system. I hope it never happens here. I like being 5'11" not
1.81m.

birdy