Re: metrics smetrics

Subject: Re: metrics smetrics
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 13:07:58 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997 RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK wrote:

> [snip]
> >I know it's a little late but, my condolances Australia on your enforced
> >metric system. I hope it never happens here. I like being 5'11" not
> >1.81m.
>
> Hmmm, quite agree, although I'm not sure which sounds worst, 16.5 stone or 105
> kilo's :-)

I think a lot of people would like the idea of weighing themselves in
kilograms, particularly here in the states, where we don't use that arcane
unit, the stone.  Think of all the people, particularly women, who'd much
rather weigh 55kg than 120 lbs.  Come to think of it, if we could get all
the women in the English-speaking countries to unite in favor of the
metric system, with its apparently smaller weights, we'd have metric so
fast, and everyone'd be sure to use it.:-)
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U
Bloomington, IN