Re: Steering Question

To: Jim Altman <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Subject: Re: Steering Question
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:19:55 -0500
Cc: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Jim Altman wrote:

> My steering wheel is very slightly (a few degrees at most) off center when
> going straight.  Its not the steering wheel itself, I believe, because the
> turn signal (excuse me, trafficator) reset occurs in the "right" place,
> that is to say I have to oversteer slightly to get the reset action.  Thus,
> I believe the misalignment is below the uppermost piece of the column.
> Where is the best place to adjust this?

I seem to have the exact same behavior with *BOTH* of my
TR6s, but my steering wheels are both off by about 90 degrees,
and have been that way since I got them (used).

I, too, would be looking for a solution for this.

--ken
'70 & '74 TR6 Drivers

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com