RE: TR6 wiper Motor

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 wiper Motor
From: cpoulin@i2020.net (Chuck Poulin)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 17:31:12 -0500
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 01:15:00 EST
From: HDRIDER570 <HDRIDER570@aol.com>

>The wiper on my 69 TR6 project car will not self park. Both wiper >speeds
>operate correctly and I checked the connection at the motor and >it seems
>clean.  The green wire from the fuse box has 12 volts at the >wiper motor plug
>when the key is on.  Has anyone else had a similar >problem?

>John

The wiper motor has a "parking switch inside". When you turn the wiper
switch off, 12 which is applied to the parking switch, operates the
motor till is is parked.  Either the 12 volts is missing, or the parking
switch is bad (most likely the switch).  The last time I looked into it,
the switch was available.

Chuck Poulin
--
 http://websites.i2020.net/~webdeb/   //\