Re: TR4 OEM fuel pump

To: "ArthurK101" <ArthurK101@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 OEM fuel pump
From: "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 16:29:33 -0500charset="us-ascii"
Art, the original TR4 fuel pump can be rebuilt "On the Car"... if you're
agile enough. The kit is a couple of bucks, and takes about 20 minutes
(including the 15 minutes to find the parts you dropped in the grass).

See if you can find an old Chevy fuel pump with the bowl... they're EXACTLY
the same. But, the cork gasket between the bowl and the pump body is not
available, anywhere, at any price (as far as I know).

Good luck. Oh, A fuel pump kit is one of the spares I carry, along with
points, coil, etc. And the AC kit will fit both a TR6 and a TR4 OEM pump.

Don

"And to think, it all started with a tractor!"
Don Sforza           dsforza@megahits.com                  KA1WV
1963 TR4        Connecticut Triumph Register             CT16707L