Re: GT6 Mk III Fuel Filler pipe... looking for a source

To: Peter Mchugh <"/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/o=FAA/ou=FAAgw/dd.ccMail=Peter Mchugh 'at' AWAASY1PO/"@dotms2-gw.dot.gov>
Subject: Re: GT6 Mk III Fuel Filler pipe... looking for a source
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 03:04:30 -0800
Cc: IPM Return requested <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, IPM Return requested <gambony@hotmail.com>
Peter Mchugh wrote:

>      Any good boat parts place should have various sizes of fuel tank
>      filler hose... be sure to get late manufacture stuff that will
>      tolerate high alcohol content gasoline.

As all GT6 owners realize (or, those who have lifted up the trim to
expose the tank), the rubber item in question is molded, and, if I
eyeball it correctly, does not have the same diameter at the filler end
as at the tank end. Many of us are in the same predicament as Jim--the
part is unique, and there are seemingly no alternative sources for the
part. It's not so much a matter of materials as it is shape. Mine is
just starting to show numerous small flexure cracks, so it is a matter
of safety to those of us driving 25-30 year-old GT6s.

I don't have the OEM part number book, so if there are any GT6 owners
out there with the original Stanpart or B-L numbers for this item, that
might well help in the search. Given the sources which have already been
checked, there may be only a couple left. With sufficient time, I would
be checking with John Kipping, Moss Europe, and one other source which
is not well known on the list, a small supplier in Britain by the name
of Sports Cars Supplies, in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....