Re: Unleaded Fuel

Subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 17:14:45 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I'd be curious to know exactly or approximately when various countries
eliminated lead.  In the Midwest I can say we definitely had lead about
ten years ago, but in very low levels, since the federal government had
been reducing lead levels since at least the early eighties.  Since it's
clear that some countries haven't eliminated lead yet, it would be
interesting to know which ones haven't (other than the UK, of course,
where their cars are set to explode at the turn of the century).  What do
folks around the world have to say?
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U
Bloomington, IN