Re: unleaded fuel

Subject: Re: unleaded fuel
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 09:20:51 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Just to play devil's advocate, don't forget our LBC's after 1968 have had
lower compression than the European equivalents, so octane won't affect
their running, unless they have dieseling problems.  That your cylinder
head is fine is a different matter.  I rather doubt if Triumph or any
company made two types of head, one for North America and one for the rest
of the world.  Apart from the possible effects of high compression on
valve seats, there shouldn't be any greater tendency in European cylinder
toward valve seat recession, so anyone complaining about the potential
damage to their head is totally nuts.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U
Bloomington, IN