Re: Wheels for my Spitfire.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheels for my Spitfire.
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 11:16:31 -0800
bharris wrote:

> Zink wrote:
> >
> > Les Staff wrote:[snip]
>  Les & Larry
>              I do know that on a spit 1500 with TR-7 rims you have all
> the clearance you need with 185-60-13 tires
>                                             Bob Harris
>                                             76 Spit FM45276U

The only problem with the TR7 wheel-to-Spitfire conversion is the weight of the
wheels.
They're steel, and with tires, the wheels will check in at around 30 pounds
per, which
is too much for a Spitfire, IMHO.  Been there, done that(BT,DT) ...and now I'm
looking
for lighter wheels ...as well as more cute anacronymatic phrases, FYI, TIA,
FWIW ...
--
Martin Secrest
74 Spitfire