Strombergs

To: LLong@kollmorgen.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Strombergs
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:57:14 -0500
     Tom,
     This may be a long shot, but if you're scrounging around wrecker's
     yards or know people with spare parts, Volvos switched from SUs to
     Strombergs in 68 or 69. They were 175 CD2s, which I think is what you
     need. Finding them likely won't be that tough; it's whether the
     details are right that I'm not sure of. They were used on the last
     122s (or the station wagon version, the 220), and the early 140 series
     up to maybe 1973.
     I know this from having owned many Volvos before being converted to
     LBCs. When I sold my last Volvo - a 1969 P1800 - last year, I insisted
     the guy take the loads of spare parts I had accumulated over the
     years. Then I got the into Triumphs, only to discover I could have
     used some of the stuff: tires, carbs, some brake parts...live and
     learn.
     Hope it helps.
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace