Re: Problems with Bleeding Clutch

To: Tom Wagner - Program Manager <tom.w.wagner@Central.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Problems with Bleeding Clutch
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 21:44:19 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom Wagner - Program Manager wrote:

> To All:
>
> Can someone tell me what the problem
> is with trying to bleed my clutch on
> a 72 TR 6.
>
> Here are the actions taken so far:
>
>         New rebuild kit for master cylinder
>         New rebuild kit for slave cylinder
>
>         Tried using Mityvac, but get air bubbles
>         around the bleed nipple.  Tried sealing it
>         a hose clamp on the nipple along with
>         pipe thread tape on the threads.
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions
> on how to get this accomplished.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tom Wagner
> 72 TR 6

Tom,
Did you attempt to bench bleed the M/C before re-installing on car?
If you get about 18 inches of clear tubing, the correct size and an
empty container (Preferrably clear also), you go back to the old 2
person method of bleeding.  I have a Mityvac plus I bought the EZBleeder
and was truly disappointed in both products.  Still had to go back to
what works best.  I wish I had the old pressure bleeder we used in the
Shop where I worked when I was younger (much younger).  You could bleed
all four w/c in about 10 minutes.  And didn't have to worry about
spraying brake fluid everywhere.

Larry Zink
9164 Spitfire4 Mk1
Houston