Re: Sparking Spit

To: "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>, Tom Ambrose <tambrose@tir.com>
Subject: Re: Sparking Spit
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 09:11:36 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 03:34 PM 12/29/97 -0500, Charlie B. wrote:
>Tom,
.>If there's no improvement, you may have to foot the bill for an
>aftermarket electronic igntion. The Crane XR-700 is fairly priced and
>installs easily. I've heard of some problems with the Petronix (doesn't
>mean they're no good, though), and the Illumintion is about $70 more
>(the module and pick-up kits are sold separately).
>
>Hope that helps,
>Charlie B.

I'll second Charlie's opinions.  If you consider the Crane, check JC
Whitney -- their prices are about 20% cheaper than the "Big Three" Britpart
sources ($100 vs. $120 when I bought mine last summer).  They have sales
very often too.

Another thought -- have you checked the grounds to the engine and the
existing electronic ignition?   Corrosion could be a factor in what you are
seeing.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA
"There are three types of people in this world:
those that are good with numbers, and those that aren't."