Re: Information about "Lawrence-tuned"engines

To: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Information about "Lawrence-tuned"engines
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 21:29:51 -0800
Cc: info@immo.nl, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

ArthurK101 wrote:

> Listers, can anyone answer this question below (from Arie van der Lee in
> Almere, The Netherlands.  His address is info@immo.nl
>
> In a message dated 97-12-30 14:17:46 EST, Arie writes:
>
> [Arthur]
> >  I hope you can help with information about Lawrence-tuned engines in
> >  Triumph cars.  I am interested in buying a Tr-4 which is at the moment
> >  in England and which is re-imported from the U.S. in '92. The present
> >  owner claims that the engine is Lawrence-tuned. As I don't know anything
> >  about this tuner I hope you can supply some information because I think
> >  that in this case we're talking about an American tuner.
>
> Arie, I know nothing about "Lawrence - tuned" engines.  But I am sending this
> to the Triumph list in hope that someone can fill us in.  Let's give it a few
> days and see what happens.  If you have any other questions, please feel free
> to ask.  I do know the answers to other things.  :-).  Cheers.
>
> Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L

  It must be "Bubba" Lawrence.  Isn't he the guy who does all that Blueprinting
and balancing out back under the shade of a Black Walnut tree?  I have heard he
is able to get 500hp out of a 1147 Spit engine.  Or maybe it is T.S. Lawrence
who
tunes TR-4's in the oases between camel rides.

Joe Curry  (High from a great Spit ride in the Northwest Sunshine today)