Re: Rear damper control

To: jbonina@nectech.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear damper control
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 18:57:55 -0500
Yes the rear damper is the rear shock in the USA.  Looks like
a flat canteen with a lever sticking out of the side, near the
top.

For the TR-4A, you should check the movement of the lever
arm.  It should move with stiff resistance, both up and down.
Just like an oil-filled tube shock, any leaks and you need
repair/replacement.  People refer to Apple Hydraulics as
a good source.

BTW the link between the shock lever and the control arm
should be carefully checked.  Bad bushings at the control
arm end or rotten rubber inside the ball at the shock lever
end will rattle, knock, thump, etc.  If you let them go long
enough the link will wear itself a new hole in your control
arm, then you'll be paying a machine shop for repairs.

__________________________________
>Subject: Rear damper control
>Author:  Jeffrey Bonina at US-TECH-MA01-248a
>Date:    2/25/98 3:26 PM
>

>     Is what Bentley's refers to as the rear damper control AKA the "rear
>     shock"?
>
>     If so, anything special I should know about when I replace them?
>
>     Thank you, thank you, thank you!:)
>

>     Jeff
>     '73 TR6
>     Still have never driven - 4 weeks and counting!

Cliff Hansen
chansen@exis.net