Tales of the jumping gas nozzle

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tales of the jumping gas nozzle
From: "Charles Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 21:41:32 -0500
Two weekend ago I was out in the TR-6 with my eight year old and stopped to
fill up at my local 7 Eleven.  In St. Louis, Missouri the gas nozzles have
a large plastic/vinyl vapor collector around the steel nozzle,  I had left
the nozzle in the gas tank opening and was around front cleaning off the
windshield.  The automatic gas shutoff caused the nozzle to fly up into the
air, totally out of the opening,  and landed on the trunk lid with enough
force to put acouple of dents and scratches in the lid.  I looked it over
and didn't really see any damage and went in, paid and drove home.  Later
that afternoon I was washing the oak pollen off the car and then noticed
the real damage.  The good news is, I wrote the owner of the 7 Eleven
describing what had happened and attached at copy of my gas receipt, their
insurance company called me and paid me for the body shop  estimate I got
for the repairs.

Just passing this along so it doesn't happen to someone else.

Charlie Duckworth
1976 TR-6  CF54396U w/ small dents