Re. Unleaded in SS1 1600s (C Britton)

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re. Unleaded in SS1 1600s (C Britton)
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 22:09:53 +0100
Hi, Charles,

>From my previous posting.....

'My engine is marked LU, with the letter 'G' stamped into the head.
To date it, I called Ford on their Locall line-0845 841 11 11. I found my
engine number just below the LU code on the block. According to Ford Tech,
this was built in early '86 and can use unleaded. If you call Ford, be
prepared to wait in a queue, and ask for the Technical Advice Service.'

My engine number is LU, No. 16803 so if the unleaded metallurgy went in
chronological order, your engine is younger than mine and so should be able
to use unleaded, if timed to 8 deg. BTDC.

However, the only way to be absolutely certain is to call Ford and get the
official line on the date of the engine. The line is charged at the Lo-call
rate but you do need to spend some time waiting.

The other option is to use leaded on every 4th. tankful, which is fine if
your memory's good.

Hope this helps,

Dave Hill.