theft prevention...

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: theft prevention...
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 14:57:53 -0600
What are people using for theft prevention devices on their Triumphs?

Although I have an electronic alarm on my VW GTI, I am reluctant to add this
to my TR6. Instead I am considering alternatives such as the "Club". Is
anyone using one of these? Any problems or comments on such devices? Can
they be used with a tonneau? Are there other brands worth considering or is
the Club (tm) the best one to get?

Any other suggestions on theft prevention devices?

BTW, my objective is not so much preventing a theft by a "hardened"
criminal, but rather deterring the casual "punk" from targeting my car and
instead moving on to easier loot. I realize if someone really wants it
they'll take it.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada