Re. Stuck Lug Nuts

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re. Stuck Lug Nuts
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 20:19:54 +0100
Hi, Dennis,

One way of removing stuck parts without using flame heat is to use boiling
water.

Boil a kettle and slowly pour the contents over the offending part. Repeat
several times and, when the nut is thoroughly hot, do nasty things to it
with sockets and big bars.

This has worked for me several times, including when I had to take the rear
disc/drums off a Vauxhall-they were far to close to the fuel tank to use
flame heat.

Incidentally, it also helps to flood the heated part with penetrating
fluid-the cooling effect seems to draw the fluid into the rust seal.

Good Luck,

Dave Hill, UK.

'72 2.5PI, '86 Scimitar SS1.