Trailering a TR

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Trailering a TR
From: <rtriplett@bjservices.com> (Richard Triplett)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 98 13:47:20 CDT
Yesterday I bought a 14 foot flat-bed trailer to pull my TR, and was
wondering if anyone has any tips for trailering the car; such as what types
of tie-downs to use, how to distribute the weight, which is better, a
tonneau or top? etc. I plan to use nylon ties rated for 2000 Lb, will that
suffice? I'll be taking a Fourth of July trip to Cloudcroft, New Mexico and
plan to drive over to Ruidoso, any one going that way this weekend?  Before
some SA asks why I don't just drive it all the way, be aware the days have
been over 100 in West Texas, and roads are straight as an arrow unitl
beyond Roswell.  I would drive it anyway, but the wife.....

Richard Triplett
62 TR3A
78 Spitfire
85 XJ6