Re: Ominous noise - any diagnosis?

To: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Ominous noise - any diagnosis?
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:04:37 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Cliff,

Without knowing what the noise sounds like (say, if you had a sound card and
stuff, you could actually post the noise on the Web...), this may be way off
track.

I once heard a frightening buzz in my Mazda, which came in at 70 mph (no, it
wasn't the cries of overworked, Japanese marmots); it turned out to be loose
change in the moulding around the gear stick. I've encountered similar
noises which turned out to be washers vibrating under loose screws.

You may be lucky.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia