Fw: '75 Triumph Spitfire

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: '75 Triumph Spitfire
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 06:58:07 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
>From the alt.autos.antiques newsgroup, no interest, no knowledge etc etc

Peter Popplewell <ppopple@nortel.ca> wrote in message
<3597F001.BF28CE3B@nortel.ca>...
This car has 30k original miles on it.  I am the second owner (bought
the car last July) and have all the receipts from day one.  The car came
to me in original specs.  I have installed an exhaust header, converted
to dual SU carbs, had the differential rebuild and converted to the
European gear ratio, new front tires, rebuild distributor (points), new
clutch fan, new leaf spring, a luggage rack, and many other new parts
The interior of this car is immaculate and the paint is excellent.
There is absolutely no rust anywhere and the car is undercoated making
it sticky, but no rust!  I have a second transmission with overdrive
that I have never put in, and a hard top with good glass and rubber that
needs only paint and fabric.  I have spent lots on this car and am
selling at a $2000 loss.  I need the money for school.  $6800.

I took this car to the british car show in Richmond last weekend and it
was in the best shape of all its class...must see!