Re: Liquid in Gas tank sending unit float

To: "Sam Gentry" <hsgentry@cfw.com>, "Andy" <adixon@loudoun.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Liquid in Gas tank sending unit float
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:16:39 -0700
Examine the float very closely. I will wager that the hole is located at
the end point of the wire loop that holds the float. Over time the sharp
edge of the metal puts a pinhole puncture in the float. Interesting thing
about this is that on hot days the float will empty itself and you will
have correct tank readings. Cold mornings I used to show empty tank.

I fixed mine when this happened years ago, when I didn't have a good parts
supplier or any money for that matter, by coating it with the epoxy resin
used in fiberglass layups.  Has lasted at least 10 years no problem.