Re: Shifting Problems - 74 TR6<012801bda9bb$6cb93ee0$9141a1d1@fogbros.nb

To: Ed Woods <fogbros@nb.net>
Subject: Re: Shifting Problems - 74 TR6<012801bda9bb$6cb93ee0$9141a1d1@fogbros.nb.net>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 16:31:10 +0000 (GMT)

>Ed,

>Very interesting, I never found a clutch adjustment on a TR6.

>Sounds like a clutch, clutch hydraulics, or clutch pin (the one holding the
>fork to the shaft) problem to me. If you're satisfied that the hydraulics
>move the slave cylinder rod the appropriate distance, then you're going to
>have to look inside (remove the gearbox) to troubleshoot further. TR6's are
>notorious for problems with the clutch assemblies themselves, especially the
>aftermarket parts now being supplied.

>>I am having problems shifting into specific gears on my 74 TR6. It is
[snip]
>>However, I can shift into reverse right after starting the engine but
>>before moving the car.

Now I may be wrong, probably am, but I had a similiar sounding problem with my
Spitfire a few years back, it turned out to be the circular disc thing that
provides the pressure within the clutch pressure plate had cracked so it wasn't
providing an even amount of pressure, trouble is the only way to see this was
to remove it.

Cheers

Rich