Re: flies ?

To: Neil Sampson <neil.sampson@gecm.com>
Subject: Re: flies ?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 08:45:46 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: List-Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Neil Sampson wrote:

> Yesterday, I drove my Red GT6 mk3 to work (it was drizzly rain at the time),
> and parked the car up at work, away from bushes & trees (yep, I know about
>that
> horrible sap that ruins the paintwork).  Anyways, during the day, the weather
> cheered up a bit and the little drops of water on my car started to disappear
> (as I do such a good job washing & polishing it every weekend).  When I went
> drive home, I noticed that my precious car was littered with small insects
> (flies mainly), which appear to have landed on the car while it was wet and
> stuck there.  This phenomena was not noticable on any other car in the car
> park.  The flies were stuck quite firmly on the body & it was just a very
> strange experience.  The car was not parked over an ants nest or anything like
> that, so has anyone got any ideas or suggestions as to why this happened and
> what I can do to remedy it ?

Well, around here you can get "Bug Off" which is actually windshield
washer fluid... for summer use, it's supposed to "dissolved" the suicidal
bugs that find your windshield.

I've never tried it as a car wash compound.  But it might work.  It might
also dissolve the wax (I hope not- I have it in my washer reservoir)

The bugs themselves might be attracted to a) the red car or b) something
smelly in the car wax that attracts bugglies

-Malcolm