Overdrive units for sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Overdrive units for sale
From: Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 00:31:42 +1200
>From time to time there is the question of TR overdrive gearboxes.Here in
New Zealand there are plenty of Triumph 2.500 TC or PI saloon cars being
scraped & a lot of them have overdrive boxes A & J type.I am told that the
model "A" Ford boys are fitting these gearboxes to there "A". If anyone
would like me to obtain a complete overdrive gearbox for there TRs,you will
have to change the clutch plate because of the smaller input shaft,also a
new bracket to house the solenoid,a complete box with overdrive for $280 .00
us dollars plus freight.Last week i saw a TR3A that has just had a TC
overdrive "J" fitted,a wee special bracket made up to adapt rear
mounting,fits like a glove.This would be one of 8 TR that had this complete
units fitted. For more details please ask.         Cheers Ashley.