TR6 Tach Cable Problems

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Tach Cable Problems
From: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 19:55:38 -0500
I am having trouble with broken tach cables on my TR6. The cable was
broken when I bought the car so I replaced it with one from Victoria
British. Now after 2 weeks it is broken again. The tach works fine
with a slight noise at idle and the cable has broken both times near the

distributor drive.

Some observations:
There is very little excess length in the cable from VB. I had to route
it
directly over the fuel pump to get it to reach. I'm not sure that this
didn't
cause undo stress that caused it to break. Does anyone know if there
is a significant difference in length (1 - 1.5") between the various
vendors tach cables?

Thanks,
Brian
71 TR6 CC56818L