Winchester Blue, et al

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Winchester Blue, et al
From: donp@ncweb.com (don pikovnik)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:07:44 -0400 (EDT)
Listers,

Powder Blue (ICI # 8103) is just what the name says, a light pastel blue.
Wedgwood Blue (ICI # 5814) is similar in color but with significantly more
gray and somewhat darker.
Winchester Blue (ICI # 2922) could be described as a "pastel-like" navy
blue, much darker than either of the above.
Royal Blue (aka Midnight Blue  ICI # 4665) is a deep, clean navy blue, very
dark.

For the past several months, I have been developing a color guide to postwar
British cars, including Triumph, MG, Austin-Healey, and Jaguar. To that end,
I have sprayed roughly 150 colors with ICI "2K" single layer urethane
automotive paint onto 3" x 5" metal sample panels and have a nearly complete
set for Tr2-6. These panels will serve as color standards with which we can
produce a color guide. My company manufactures color cards and I intend to
use our manufacturing capabilities to produce my color guide.

BTW, nearly ALL colors that were used on these vehicles are readily
available in a state-of-the-art coating from ICI Autocolor. Anyone
interested can call ICI customer service at 1-800-647-6050 for the location
of a local supplier or contact me directly for more info.

Don Pikovnik
Coloramic Process, Inc.
440-275-1199
donp@ncweb.com