Re: two tone paint job

To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: two tone paint job
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 09:44:10 -0400 ()
Cc: Spitfire List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Chris Prugh wrote:

> ...bring to mind an interesting concept.  Maybe the question should be
> posed to Mr. Mace..."Just how many colors was Joseph at his prime?"

Well, since you asked:

1. At his "prime" (when built), just two colors: Pale Yellow/Sebring
White.

2. When I got him in 1970: basically all Pale Yellow, but showing two
other colors on the underside or through chipped yellow: Coffee
(replacement grille surround), Signal Red (replacement LHS door). Also,
Sebring White showing on "parcel" shelf area of interior by rear window of
roof.

3. Currently: Pale Yellow, bits of original Sebring White (thanks to some
careful "archaeological wet sanding), Powder Blue (excellent used 948
saloon bonnet)*, Wedgwood Blue (very good used 1200 saloon LHS door),
Coffee, black (front valance resprayed years ago simply to protect).

4. Hopefully by next summer: see #1.

*I still have the original bonnet for the car, currently in Jasmine Yellow
and rust, but one moderate impact early in the car's life, and one while
the bonnet did a term of duty on my '64 1200 convertible, have taken their
toll. It's still salvageable, but the blue one is much straighter.

--Andy