Triumph suppliers

To: <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: Triumph suppliers
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:14:38 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Very interesting list of companies. Many of them were visited by my Dad in
his role as Quality Engineer - sometimes, in school holidays I used to go
with him.
One company you didn't mention (maybe it wasn't listed) was PRESTFIBRE at
Reading, Berkshire.
They had the contract for making the instrument panels - mainly Herald and
Vitesse as well as the removable transmission tunnel covers over the
gearbox on the above two cars and Spitfire/GT6/TR.
Their factory stank of wet paper, glue and rotting fish. This was primarily
because the chewed paper mix that went into making these assemblies had a
high proportion of fish and other glues stirred in with it. If any lister's
car periodically smells of old fish - especially if it gets flooded, you'll
know now where the smell's coming from!

John Macartney

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.
You can order your book through:

CANADA   Bri. Col. Triumph Registry:        michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
NEW ZEALAND   Ashley Southgate:         ashleys@es.co.nz
UK   THE AUTHOR:                                 jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
UK  Triumph 2000 2500 2.5PI Register:      t2000@compuserve.com
UK  Triumph Sports Six Club:                   bernard@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk
USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents