Re: Checking Trans and diff Fluid on TR6

To: Edward Lancaster <elancast@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Checking Trans and diff Fluid on TR6
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 20:32:47 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ed:

There is no drain plug on the diff, only a fill plug on the driver's
side (at least in my '70 TR6 and I don't think this changed). To
drain the diff you have to take the bottom plate off, so what you do
is just keep it filled until time comes to do some work on the
diff or take the time to remove the plate and drain.

To fill both the transmission and the diff you basically pump in the
90W trani oil until it starts coming out the filler hole.

Hope this helps.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6