Re: A simple (!) question

To: Scott Decker <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: A simple (!) question
From: "Dennis F. Kimberlin" <dkimberl@ops.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:16:39 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Scott Decker wrote:

> Esteemed fellow listers:
>
> Short of a small charge of explosives, can anyone offer a quick tip on
> removing a believed-to-be-frozen brake drum?  Already tried the old 'yank on
> it til your back gives out' technique, and have been advised not to try and
> lever it off using the backplate and a BFS.  Some people say to use a BFH,
> which I have...but just wondering before I ruin an expensive part.  Thanks
> for your input!  Feel free to respond to my e-mail directly if this has been
> kicked around on the list before.
>
> Later!
>
> Scott Decker
> 70 GT6+    KC79034L
At the risk of being a SA, had a similar problem.  Cussed, sweated,
threatened, paced, etc. then discovered the hub won't come off if the
two retaining screws are still in.  Duh!  Felt real smart about that
one, I did.
Once knew a friend who took a stuck hub off by putting a small (very
small) jack under a chain that he had secured to two lugs with nuts.
Then he just stroked the jack, carefully, and voila!
Dennis
75 SPIT
Omaha, Ne