Re: A simple (!) question

To: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: A simple (!) question
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:50:12 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
We can assume that you removed the screws from the drum, and you are
fighting the effects of Mother Nature's best seizing compound, rust.
Spray around the axle flange and studs with a good quality rust
eater/pentrating oil.  Let it soak over night, re-apply the next day and
using a 16 oz. hammer tap around the face of the brake drum near the axle.
This will help loosen up the hub.  If this doesn't seem to help, make sure
that brake shoes are backed away from the drum and using a propane/butane
torch heat up the drum and repeat the tapping with a hammer.
I hwish you success removing the drum, as you have found out,they can be
feindish little devils.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4 Mk1
Houston, Texas