Re: Oil Light

To: gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil Light
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 17:10:01 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-11 10:58:10 EDT, gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk writes:

> So I see, thats then the reason for my oil pressure light not working,
>  cables not connected to the brake pressure switch. I guess I can live
>  without it.

Gernot,

If the brake failur warning *bulb* is out, the circuit won't won't work. It
will work OK without the leads being connected to the brake switch -You just
won't get a warning if the brakes should fail.

If the two black/purple wires that go to the brake switch are separated, then
the circuit won't work. The wires don't have to be connected to the switch,
just to each other.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74