RE: blocked mail ISP problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: blocked mail ISP problems
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 20:32:34 -0400
I have a friend who works for att.worldnet;  evidently this is a problem
of large proportions.  Any shmoe can create an address
triumphs@autox.team.net <mailto:cmusson@att.worldnet.com>  or some such
thing and send if from their own IP address; hiding the address from the
receiving end.  When you receive the message you will think it came from
the list.   There is a concentrated effort for providers to block any
sender's address that has the "@" as part of the name.  But there are so
many out there that it may be impossible.   Those listed below seem to
be the easiest to hack through.  About the only thing we can do is hit
the delete key.

M2cw.  Carl