Re: blocked mail ISP problems

To: fold@bcpl.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: blocked mail ISP problems
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 00:29:24 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-12 16:13:51 EDT, fold@bcpl.net writes:

> Very little spam actually originates from earthlink, worldcom, hotmail,
>  erols, flashnet, and the other big providers.  If you ignore the address
>  on the "From:" line (which is almost always faked in spam) and examine the
>  "Received" lines you can determine where it really came from.

I can't argue with you, but by blocking worldcom, the spam immediately stoped.

This method proved effective in stopping hotmail spam also.

If the return address was faked, it must have been from another worldcom or
hotmail account??

The only reason I didn't block earthlink was my sister has an account there.
Clark