Re: an idea...

To: "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: an idea...
From: "unicorn7" <unicorn7@mail.icnet.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:57:26 -0500charset="US-ASCII"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Not a bad Idea, I already started on something like this for my GT6 in MS
Excel using the STANPART numbers as the column 1 entry,column 2 is the part
description from the manual, then I tie it to the MOSS price guide database,
and the VB. parts catalogues, and I'll probably use some info from RIMMER
Bros. too.  I figure I'll be at this for a while, basically I've started
with engine parts since I'm in the middle of a major overhaul of the block
due to frozen rings.  The Triumph Parts manual for the GT6 provides a modest
cross reference as to which other model uses a given part.

Personally I think it's a good Idea, and if someone wants to set up a
standard for this, I wouldn't be  afraid of doing a bit of data entry.

BTW, RIMMER Bros. might be persuaded by enough of us Yanks to post their
info, if their prices are competitive enough, they, or one of the other
major players might even be persuaded to host it.  Look at the marketing
potential for one of these; "look at our price and compare with Brand X..."

Dave Korzun
'69 GT6+