Vintage repair books

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vintage repair books
From: jmike@sky.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:34:36 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Listers

For those of you who are in reasonable driving distance of the Kansas City/St
Louis, Mo area,  I'd like to report an interesting find.   At the 155 mile
marker on I-70 highway(85 miles west of St. Louis) there is an antique mall
which has a collection of about 100 or so older auto repair books of all types.
Among the collection are about 25 that directly pertain to British cars, MG,
TR,
Jag, Austin, Healey, Morris and a slew of other books.  Most are copyrighted in
the fifties and sixties.   There are a couple of general foreign car manuals
with them, one which contains handwritten notes from the mechanic that owned
the
books.   The guy's name was Shores, I believe.   I have never seen these
particular books, and believe them to be rare.   There are, however, expensive,
ranging from $20 for the guides to a particular marque, to $75.00 for a two
volumn general foreign car manual.

I wish I had more information, but my bride and I stopped quickly to look
around
on our way home from a business trip.  If anyone stops in to look them over,
and
decides to buy, I would be interested in the Healey and TR books.   Other than
that, I have no connection to the seller of these items.

Mike Barron
70 TR6
60 TR3
Kansas City, MO.