TR3's in the movies

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3's in the movies
From: jmike@sky.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:58:25 -0500 (CDT)
This movie was panned on Mystery Science Theater 3000 several years ago.  It
was
called, I believe, "Girls Town", and the race was between Mel T. in a light
colored TR2 and a hot rodder.  There was a subplot of the hot rodders against
the "sports car" crowd (back in those days, a sports car meant money), but the
main plot was the story of girls who get into trouble by hanging out with the
wrong crowd.....I'd tell you that I have a copy, but it's illegal to copy
movies!

>From personal observation, some girls got into more trouble than
>others....they
ended up marrying an LBC nut!

>(snip) I remember seeing anold movie from the 50's, a B grade teen one, that
Starred (of all people) Mel Torme who drove a new white TR3 (A, I think), and
that car was a prominant part of the movie, including a race scene with an E
Jag.  I haven't seen that movie in years and was wondering if anyone remembers
the name and if it is on video. The web site didn't list this movie.   It was a
real stinkeroo, but I'd love to have a copy just for the scenes of the
car!(snip)

Mike Barron
70 TR6
60 TR3